July 24, 2013

Birthday celebration!



English: For my birthday we went to Wilsons Promontory with my cousin and her husband, which is an amazing national park with breath taking views, I swear the landscape looks like a picture from one of those amazing photography sites. It ALWAYS rains on my birthday and last year wasn't the exception, even though the weather was a little crazy that day. When we got to the place we were staying it was raining, and then the sun came out, and then it hailed, and the sun came out again... It was insane. They day we got to Wilsons Prom it was my birthday, so after spending the day at the park, and running away from the rain, we got to the place where we were staying and they sang happy birthday and we ate mud-cake and it was awesome -I'm a BIG FAN of chocolate, I love it, I can't live without it and the mud-cake it's chocolate, over chocolate with more chocolate-.

Español: En mi cumpleaños no estuvimos en Melbourne, fuimos con mi prima y su esposo a Wilsons Promontory, que es un parque nacional espectacular, con vistas espectaculares que parecen sacadas de una postal. En mi cumpleaños SIEMPRE llueve y el año pasado no fue la excepción, aunque el clima ese día fue bastante aleatorio. Cuando llegamos a la cabaña donde nos ibamos a quedar estaba lloviendo, pero después salió el sol y después volvió a llover, salió el sol de nuevo, cayó granizo... En fin, fue una locura pero lo disfruté muchísimo. El día que llegamos a Wilsons Prom era mi cumpleaños así que después de pasar todo el día dando vueltas por el parque llegamos y me cantaron cumpleaños y comimos mud-cake y fue lo máximo jajaja -yo AMO el chocolate y esa torta es chocolate sobre chocolate sobre más chocolate-.

Look out / Mirador

Wombat
English: On the next day we went back to Wilsons Prom to go hiking on one of the tracks that wasn´t closed Mt. Bishop Track, it's like an hour walk/hike, but since I'm like a suuuuuuper slow walker, because I hate to go hiking, it tooks us more than 1 hour -yeap, I hate to go hiking, I hate it. Here in Caracas we have El Ávila National Park, that's an amazing mountain that surrounds Caracas, and everybody go there and everytime someone says we should go there I ran in the opposite direction hahaha- After a gazillion hours, we made it to the top. Remember the breath taking views? They were more breath taking, so I stopped complaining. Once we got down, we wandered around some beaches: Norman Beach and Squeaky Beack, and there's not much to say about this but leave you pictures.

Español: Al día siguiente regresamos a Wilsons Prom para hacer uno de los pocos tracks que no estaba cerrado por la inundación Mt. Bishop Track, supuestamente son 3.7 Km y te tardas como 1 hora, pero yo voy como a -20 km/h porque ODIO caminar/subir cualquier tipo de montaña así que nos tardamos más -sí, odio subir una montaña (hiking), lo odio. Aquí en Caracas tenemos el Parque Nacional El Ávila que es una montaña espectacular y todo el mundo va para allá a hacer hiking, a hacer ejercicio o a divertirse y cada vez que me dicen para ir huyo jajaja-. Pero bueno, después de 700 horas llegamos al tope, y ¿se acuerdan de las vistas espectaculares? Aquí eran el triple de espectaculares y deje de quejarme. Al bajar, recorrimos algunas playas que están ahí: Norman Beach y Squeaky Beach, y la verdad no hay mucho que decir de esto, así que les dejo las fotos abajo para que vean.

From Mt. Bishop / Desde Mt. Bishop
Mt. Bishop
Mt. Bishop
On our way to Squeaky Beack / En camino a Squeaky Beach



English: After Wilsons Prom we headed to Phillip Island to see the Penguin Parade, I've already told that I love penguins, right? Imagine my face and my excitement when I saw thousands of penguins coming towards the shore and parading -see what I did there?- in front of us I almost die. On our way back to Melbourne we stopped at several places. Our first stop was The Nobbies Centre, from where you can see fur seals, but to be honest I didn't see anything.

Español: Después de Wilsons Prom fuimos a ver el Penguin Parade en Phillip Island, ya les he dicho que amo los pingüinos ¿verdad? Imaginen mi emoción cuando vemos miles de pingüinos que vienen de la playa y desfilando en frente de nosotros, casi muero. En el camino de regreso a Melbourne, pasamos por varios lugares. Nuestra primera parada fue The Nobbies Centre, desde aquí se pueden ver -supuestamente- lobos marinos y digo supuestamente porque yo no vi nada, solamente vi a las gaviotas que estaban como vueltas locas volando de una lado hacia otro.

The Noobies
The Noobies
English: Our next stop was Cape Woolamai. I couldn't believe that we were wearing sweater and jean and boots at the beach, which made me love even more the Caribbean beaches with the white sand and sun that makes your skin glow... Our last stop before we got to Melbourne was to eat, at San Remo. I had fish & chips and Ricardo ordered a hamburger -see? It's an obsession-

Español: Nuestra segunda parada fue la playa de Cape Woolamai. No podíamos creer que estábamos con sweater, jean y botas en la playa, lo que me hizo amar aún más mis hermosas playas del Caribe, con arena blanca y sol que te achicharra la piel... En fin, nuestra última parada antes de llegar a Melbourne fue en San Remo, uno de los "pueblitos" de Phillip Island, para comer. Yo comí fish & chips y Ricardo, OBVIAMENTE, comió hamburguesa -les dije que teníamos una obsesión ¿no? bueno...-

English: And that's how my birthday ended -last year-, I enjoyed a lot. Let's see what this year brings. Tell me, what do you do on your birthday? Big fancy party, travel, family reunion?

Español: Y ese fue el viaje de mi cumpleaños -el año pasado-, lo disfruté muchísimo. Vamos a ver qué depara el destino para este año. Cuéntenme, ¿qué hacen ustedes en sus cumpleaños? ¿Una fiesta inmensa, se van de viaje, una reunión familiar? 

A look out on our way to Cape Woolamai / Un mirador camino a Cape Woolamai
Look out / Mirador
Cape Woolamai
See you in Melbourne, again!

¡Nos vemos en Melbourne, de nuevo!

1 comment: